[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]"GOODMANHAM, alias Godmundin Gaham, is a parish in the wapentake of Harthill, partly in the liberty. of St Peter's; one mile and a half NNE. of Market Weighton, situated on the lowest acclivity of the Wolds. Pop. 240." (There is further information for Goodmanham).
[Description(s) edited mainly from various 19th century sources by Colin Hinson. ©2010]
- Transcript of the entry for Goodmanham in the "Collections relative to Churches and Chapels".
- Transcript of the entry of "professions and trades" in the Baines's Directory of 1823, of the East Riding.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Goodmanham to another place.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SE890431 (Lat/Lon: 53.876476, -0.647739), Goodmanham which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- The 1834 Electoral Roll for this parish