Transcript of the entry for the Post Office, professions and trades for HARPHAM in Bulmer's Directory of 1892.
- Postal address, Harpham, Lowthorpe, Hull.
Mails arrive at 7-45 a.m., and are despatched at 5 p.m. Nearest Money Order Office, Lowthorpe.
Nearest Telegraph Office, Driffield. William Webster Woodmansey, sub-postmaster.
Miscellany of trades
- Brooke Miss Annie, schoolmistress
- Day William, joiner
- Owston Mrs. Frances, vict., St. Quintin Arms
- Rounding Owston, boot and shoe maker
- Theakstone Thomas, blacksmith
- Woodmansey Wm. Webster, grocer and draper
- Appleby Mark, Harpham grange
- Ellyard John, Hallgarth farm
- Ellyard William Watson
- Harrison George
- Owston Michael, Manor house
- Robinson Tilburn Dickenson
- Taylor Edward, Turtle hill
- Thompson Decimus
- Watson Charles
- Wresdell John
- Wood John, to Bridlington on Wednesdays and Saturdays, to Driffield on Thursdays
Scan, OCR and html by Colin Hinson. Checking and correction by Peter Nelson.