Transcript of the entry for the Post Office, professions and trades for HARSWELL in Bulmer's Directory of 1892.
- Post Office at William Thomas Fentiman's. Letters via York arrive at 5-15 a.m. by mail cart, and are despatched at 5-15 p.m., Sundays included. Nearest Money Order and Telegraph Office, Holme-on-Spalding Moor (one-and-a-half miles).
Miscellany of trades
- Atkinson Rev. Edmund Willes, The Rectory
- Fentiman William Thomas, postmaster
- Rewson Joseph, gamekeeper to Capt. Slingsby
- Appleton Walter Quarton, Manor house
- Featherby Webster, Field house
- Jackson John
- Lee James, Brouncy house
- Marshall John, Park farm
- Watson Thomas, Field house
Scan, OCR and html by Colin Hinson. Checking and correction by Peter Nelson.