Harswell parish registers: Dates and current locations etc.
A parish town, in Holme-Beacon division of Harthill; 5 miles from Market Weighton, 6 from Pocklington, 17 from York. Population 78. The Church is a rectory, dedicated to St. Peter, in the deanery of Harthill.
Deposited Registers (Borthwick Institute of Historical Research)
- Baptisms: 1653-1993
- Marriages: 1672-1744, 1760-1812, 1815-1837, 1840-1968
- Burials: 1659-1990
- 1600, 1629, 1632, 1634-1738, 1665, 1666, 1668, 1671-1673, 1675,1681, 1695, 1700*, 1701, 1703-1710, 1712-1777, 1779-1812, 1814-1838, 1840-1844, 1846-1848, 1850-1852
* With Sancton
- C 1653-1713, 1713-1852;
- M 1653-1713, 1713-1836
Transcripts and Indexes:
- M 1760-1837; Index only; East Yorkshire Marriage Index
- M 1760-1837; Typed transcript, no index; Borthwick Institute of Historical Research
- M 1818-1837; Manuscript transcript, no index; Loomes' Yorkshire Marriage Index; Society of Genealogists
Please note: For an explanation of the abbreviations and the meaning of those dates which are in italics, please see the Yorkshire Parish Registers main page.
The above register information was correct when the book was published (1998). However registers may be moved from one Register Office to another. If you know that any of the above data is incorrect, please drop me a line via the link at the bottom of this page.
Yorkshire Parish Registers
and was presented to Genuki by the author:
Colin Blanshard Withers.