Hide

ECCLESIASTICAL HISTORY.

hide
Hide
Hide

Data from the 'Collectio Rerum Ecclesiasticarum' from the year 1842.

The place: BEILBY.     Church dedication: ST. GILES.

Harthill wapentake. Holme Beacon. -Population, 248, vide Hayton ; Chapel-room, 80; Net value, vide Hayton.

In Beilby are two carucates and a half of land, of the fee of the Bishop of Durham.

The Chapel belongs to the jurisdiction of the Deanery of York.

In the Parliamentary Survey, vol. xvii. page 363, it is stated: " Fit to be made a parish of itself."

An Inclosure Act was passed 54th Geo. III.

No return as to glebe house.

Register Books, vide Hayton.

Charities:
Luke Bateman's charity, by will, dated in 1648. Rent of 12a. of land, to be distributed equally amongst the poor, at Christmas and Whitsuntide.

Marsden's dole. rent charge of £1.

Tindale's dole. rent charge of 6s. 8d.

Wood's dole, vide Pocklington, 3s. 4d. These are distributed with the rents abovementioned. - Vide 10th Report, page 658.

Post town: Pocklington.


References:
Torre's MS. (Peculiars), page 713. Bawdwen's Domesday Book (Belebi), page 13.


From the original book published by
George Lawton in 1842..
OCR and changes for Web page presentation
by Colin Hinson. © 2013.