Hide

HAYTON: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1834.

hide
Hide
Hide

"HAYTON, is a village and township, in the parish of its name, 4.5 miles from Market Weighton, and 2.5 from Pocklington. The church is dedicated to St. Martin : the living is a discharged vicarage, in the patronage of the Dean of York, and incumbency of the Rev. Charles Rees Graham. The parish contained at the last census, 434 inhabitants, and the township 186 of that number.
Please see Pocklington parish for the 1834 trades directory for this parish."

[Transcribed by Steve Garton ©2000 from
Pigot's directory (Yorkshire section) 1834]