HAYTON: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.
"HAYTON, a parish in the Holme-Beacon division of the wapentake of HARTHILL, East riding of Jhe county of YORK, comprising the chapelry of Beilby, and the township of Hayton, and containing 416 inhabitants, of which number, 177 are in the township of Hayton, 2 miles S.S.E. from Pocklington. The living is a discharged vicarage, rated in the king's books at £7.11.0., endowed -with £200 private benefaction, and £200 royal bounty, and in the peculiar jurisdiction and patronage of the Dean of York. The church is dedicated to St. Martin."
"BEILBY, a chapelry in the parish of HAYTON, Holme-Beacon division of the wapentake of HARTHILL, East riding of the county of YORK, 3 miles S.W. from Pocklington, containing 239 inhabitants. The chapel is dedicated to St. Giles."
[Transcribed by Mel Lockie © from
Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835]