Area, 2,620 acres. Buckrose wapentake. Population, 131; Church-room, 140 *1; Net value, £178 -This was formerly a Chapel annexed to Weaverthorpe, but has since been appropriated to the Church of York, and a Vicarage ordained therein, 19th Kal. Junii 1282. An augmentation of £20 is paid by the Dean and Chapter of York.
Patrons and impropriators, the Dean and Chapter of York.
Valued in the King's books at £4. 19s. 6d.; Synodals 6d.; in the Parliamentary Survey, vol. xvii. page 423, and vol. xviii. page 109, at £16 per annum. The Vicarages of Helperthorpe and Weaverthorpe, recommended to be united, being only half a mile distant.
An Inclosure Act was passed 41st Geo. III.
The glebe house was returned in 1818 as fit for residence, but in 1834 as unfit.
The Register Books commence in 1733. Burials take place at Weaverthorpe. Vide transcripts of earlier registers in the Dean and Chapter's Registry at York.
Parochial Charities. -No return.
Post town: Sledmere.
Torre's MS. (Peculiars), page 567. Bawdwen's Domesday Book (Elpetorp), page 48.
*1 In 1818, the return was 200.