HELPERTHORPE: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.
"HELPERTHORPE, a parish in the wapentake of BUCKROSE, East riding of the county of YORK, 12 miles E. from New Malton, containing 157 inhabitants, The living is a discharged vicarage, in the peculiar jurisdiction and patronage of the Dean and Chapter of York, rated in the king's books at £4. 19. 7. The church is dedicated to St. Peter."
[Transcribed by Mel Lockie © from
Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835]