HELPERTHORPE: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1868.
"HELPERTHORPE, a parish in the wapentake of Buckrose, East Riding county York, 1 mile from Weaverthorpe, and 9 miles N.W. of Driffield. Malton is its post town. The village is small, and wholly agricultural. The land is chiefly arable. The tithes were commuted for land under an Enclosure Act in 1801. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of York, value £240. The church, dedicated to St. Peter, is an ancient stone structure with a tower containing two bells. It contains a carved stone font."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2013