Hemingbrough parish registers: Dates and current locations etc.
A parish town, in the wapentake of Ouse and Derwent; 4 miles from Selby, 5 from Howden, 15 from York, 16 from Pocklington. Population 500. The Church, a peculiar, is a vicarage, dedicated to St. Mary, in the deanery of Bulmer.
Deposited Registers (Borthwick Institute of Historical Research)
- Baptisms: 1605-1960
- Marriages: 1605-1977
- Burials: 1605-1973
- 1661, 1662, 1673, 1689, 1697, 1699, 1700, 1702-1713, 1715-1720,1724-1776, 1779-1792, 1794-1796, 1798-1861, 1863-1867 Burials for 1710 are with Howden
- C 1605-1724, 1724-1867, 1867-1886;
- M 1605-1724, 1724-1837, 1837-1886
Transcripts and Indexes:
- CMB 1605-1837, 3 vols; Typed transcript, with index; Borthwick Institute of Historical Research
- M 1724-1837; Typed transcript, with index; Loomes' Yorkshire Marriage Index; Society of Genealogists
- M 1813-1837; Index only; East Yorkshire Marriage Index
Please note: For an explanation of the abbreviations and the meaning of those dates which are in italics, please see the Yorkshire Parish Registers main page.
The above register information was correct when the book was published (1998). However registers may be moved from one Register Office to another. If you know that any of the above data is incorrect, please drop me a line via the link at the bottom of this page.
Yorkshire Parish Registers
and was presented to Genuki by the author:
Colin Blanshard Withers.