Heslington parish registers: Dates and current locations etc.
In the parish of St. Lawrence, York, wapentake of Ouse and Derwent, a part in the Liberty of St. Peter; 2 miles from York, 11½ from Pocklington. Population 513. The Chapel, a prebendal peculiar, is a perpetual curacy, dedicated to St. Peter and St. Paul, in the deanery of Bulmer.
Deposited Registers (Borthwick Institute of Historical Research)
- Baptisms: 1653-1714, 1716-1968
- Marriages: 1654-1655, 1665-1702, 1717-1753, 1759-1812, 1838-1994
- Burials: 1653-1904
- 1639, 1683, 1689, 1696-1698, 1708, 1709, 1711-1754, 1756-1836,1851-1870
- C 1653-1711, 1711-1870;
- M 1653-1711, 1711-1834, 1834-1886
Transcripts and Indexes:
- CMB 1639-1837; Printed transcript with index; Yorkshire Parish Register Society (publications of) 144; Yorkshire Archaeological Society, East Yorkshire Record Office
- M 1755-1837; Index only; East Yorkshire Marriage Index
Please note: For an explanation of the abbreviations and the meaning of those dates which are in italics, please see the Yorkshire Parish Registers main page.
The above register information was correct when the book was published (1998). However registers may be moved from one Register Office to another. If you know that any of the above data is incorrect, please drop me a line via the link at the bottom of this page.
Yorkshire Parish Registers
and was presented to Genuki by the author:
Colin Blanshard Withers.