[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]"HILSTON, a parish in the wapentake and liberty of Holderness, 9 miles ENE. of Hedon. The church is dedicated to St. Margaret (see Churches for photograph). The Rev Christopher Sykes, of Roos, is the incumbent and patron. Population 39."
[Description(s) edited mainly from various 19th century sources by Colin Hinson. ©2010]
- Photographs of the over 40 gravestones and plaques at Hilston with linked surname index.
- Transcript of the entry for Hilston in the "Collections relative to Churches and Chapels".
- The whereabouts and dates of the Registers etc. for the Parish of Hilston.
- Transcript of the entry of "professions and trades" in the Baines's Directory of 1823, of the East Riding.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Hilston to another place.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TA289336 (Lat/Lon: 53.782773, -0.045143), Hilston which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- This parish is covered by the following Society: