Area, 530 acres. Holderness wapentake, M.D. -Population, 43 *1; Church-room, 90; Net value, £50. -This is an ancient Rectory, formerly of the patronage of the Rowths or de Ruda, after them the Cutlers, then Michelburns, then the Hardies, then the Carleits, who presented till 1759, when Henry Munby, of Beverley, gent., presented, after which the presentation came to the family of Sykes, baronets.
Present patron, the Rev. C. Sykes.
Valued in the King's books, at £5; vide also the Parliamentary Survey, vol. xvii. page 247 ; and in 1818, at £59 per annum.
The glebe house was returned in 1818 as unfit for residence, being " small and very unfit ;" and returned " unfit," in 1834.
The Register books commence in 1662. Several chasms.
Parochial Charities. -No return.
Post town: Pattrington.
Torre's MS., page 1615. Abp. Sharp's MS., vol. ii. page 166. Burton's Monasticon, page 386.
*1 In 1834, the population was returned at 41.