Holme on Spalding Moor parish registers: Dates and current locations etc.
A parish town, in Holme-Beacon division of Harthill, Liberty of St. Peter; 4½ miles from Market Weighton, 7 from Howden, 8 from Pocklington, 13¾ from Selby, 18 from York. Population 1,318. The Church is both a rectory and vicarage, dedicated to All Saints, in the deanery of Harthill.
Deposited Registers (Borthwick Institute of Historical Research)
- Baptisms: 1559-1565, 1573-1593, 1598-1600, 1628-1980
- Marriages: 1559-1565, 1573-1593, 1598-1600, 1628-1749, 1754-1989
- Burials: 1559-1565, 1573-1593, 1598-1600, 1628-1971
- 1600, 1623, 1627-1629, 1631-1639, 1660, 1661, 1663, 1667-1673,1675-1679, 1681-1685, 1687, 1691, 1694, 1696, 1698, 1700, 1701, 1703, 1705-1707, 1710-1749, 1757-1849
- C 1558-1651, 1715-1849;
- M 1558-1651, 1715-1837
Transcripts and Indexes:
- CMB 1559-1601, 1628-1652; Typed transcript, no index; East Yorkshire Record Office
- M 1726-1800; Typed transcript, with index; Boyd's Marriage Index; Society of Genealogists, York Central Library
- M 1754-1769, 1813-1837; Index only; East Yorkshire Marriage Index
- M 1780-1837; Manuscript transcript, no index; Loomes' Yorkshire Marriage Index; Society of Genealogists
Please note: For an explanation of the abbreviations and the meaning of those dates which are in italics, please see the Yorkshire Parish Registers main page.
The above register information was correct when the book was published (1998). However registers may be moved from one Register Office to another. If you know that any of the above data is incorrect, please drop me a line via the link at the bottom of this page.
Yorkshire Parish Registers
and was presented to Genuki by the author:
Colin Blanshard Withers.