Holme On The Wolds
[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]"HOLME ON THE WOLDS, a parish in the wapentake of Harthill; 6 miles NW. of Beverley. The Church, is a perpetual curacy, dedicated to St. Peter, in the deanry of Harthill. Patron, the Duke of Devonshire. Pop. 138"
[Description(s) edited mainly from various 19th century sources by Colin Hinson. ©2010]
- Transcript of the entry for Holme on the Wolds in the "Collections relative to Churches and Chapels".
- The whereabouts and dates of the Registers etc. for the Parish of Holme on the Wolds.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Holme On The Wolds to another place.
- In 1862 this parish was united with that of South Dalton to form Dalton-Holme Parish.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SE967464 (Lat/Lon: 53.90475, -0.529618), Holme On The Wolds which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- This parish is covered by the following Society:
- A list of those paying the 1379 Subsidy Rolls (Poll Tax) for this parish.
- The 1834 Electoral Roll for this parish