HOTHAM: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.
"HOTHAM, a parish in the Hunsley-Beacon division of the wapentake of HARTHILL, East riding of the county of YORK, 1 mile N.N.E. from North Cave, containing 293 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of the East riding, and diocese of York, rated in the king's books at £10. 0. 7., and in the patronage of the Crown. The church is dedicated to St. Oswald. Near this village is a Roman road, passing in a direction towards North and South Newbald."
[Transcribed by Mel Lockie © from
Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835]