[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]"KIRBY GRINDALYTHE, a parish in the wapentake of Buckrose, 8 miles ESE. of Malton. The church is dedicated to St Andrew (see Churches for photograph) and the living is a vicarage, in the patronage of Miss Lillingstone, incumbent, Rev. Rowland Croxton. Population 178.
This Church was given by Walter Espec, to the Priory of Kirkham."
"DUGGLEBY, in the parish of Kirby Grindalythe, and wapentake of Buckrose; 1¾ miles W. of Kirby Grindalythe, 7 miles SE. of Malton. Pop 154."
"HIGH MOWTHORPE, in the parish of Kirby Grindalythe, and wapentake of Buckrose; 1¼ miles NW. of Kirby Grindalythe, 8 miles SE. of Malton."
"LOW MOWTHORPE, in the parish of Kirby Grindalythe, and wapentake of Buckrose; ¾ mile WSW. of Kirby Grindalythe, 8 miles SE. of Malton."
"THIRKLEBY, in the parish of Kirby Grindalythe, and wapentake of Buckrose; 1¾ miles E. of Kirby Grindalythe, 8 miles E. of Malton. Pop. 44."
- Photographs of over 160 gravestones and plaques at Kirby Grindalythe with linked surname index.
- Transcript of the entry for Kirby Grindalythe in the "Collections relative to Churches and Chapels".
- Transcript of the entry of "professions and trades" in the Baines's Directory of 1823, of the East Riding.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Kirby Grindalythe to another place.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SE904675 (Lat/Lon: 54.09547, -0.619219), Kirby Grindalythe which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- The 1914-18 and 1939-45 Memorial Plaque in Kirby Grindalythe Church.
- The following places are within the boundaries of this (ancient) parish, but I have no further information on them other than the Ordnance Survey Landranger Grid reference shown:
- (SE877688) Duggleby Wold
- (SE903648) Kirby Grange
- (SE872703) South Wold
- (SE918704) Thirkleby Warren House
- (SE921687) Thirkleby Manor
- (SE918704) Thirkleby Wold (was Wold Barn)
- The 1834 Electoral Roll for this parish