Area, 2,480 acres. Buckrose wapentake. -Population, 341 *1; Church-room, 250; Net value, £460. -The Church was given to the Priory of Malton by Burga, the wife of William Vescy, and at the Dissolution the patronage came to the Crown.
Valued in Pope Nicholas's taxation at £15. 8s. 8d., and in his new taxation at £12. 2s.; in the King's Books at £17. 4s. 6d. Synodals 4s., Procurations 7s. 6d.; and in the Parliamentary Survey, vol. xvii. page 431, it is stated to be then sequestered and without a minister.
An Inclosure Act was passed 28th Geo. III. (Little Langton.)
20th February 1821, faculty granted to repair the Church.
The glebe house was returned in 1818 as fit for residence, but was returned in 1834 unfit for residence.
The Register Books commence in 1653.
Thomas Seller's charity. Vide Birdsall. One half of a rent charge of 40s., viz. 10s. for the poor of Langton, and 10s. for the poor of Kennythorpe. -Vide 9th Report, page 718.
Post town: Malton.
Torre's MS., page 789. Abp. Sharp's MS., vol. ii. page 120. Bawdwen's Domesday Book, (Langeton, or Leutune,) pages 27. 95. 97. 203. Burton's Monasticon, page 274.
*1 Viz. Kennythorpe 75, and Langton 266. Kennythorpe is omitted in the return of 1834, 266 being the Population stated.