LANGTON: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.
"LANGTON, a parish in the wapentake of BUCKROSE, East riding of the county of YORK, comprising the townships of Kennythorpe and Langton, and containing 363 inhabitants, of which number, 280 are in the township of Langton, 3 miles S.S.E. from New Malton. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of the East riding, and diocese of York, rated in the king's books at £17.4. 7., and in the patronage of the Crown. The church is dedicated to St. Andrew."
"KENNYTHORPE, a township in the parish of LANGTON, wapentake of BUCKROSE, East riding of the county of YORK, 4 miles S.E. from New Malton, containing 83 inhabitants."
[Transcribed by Mel Lockie © from
Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835]