Transcript of the entry for the Post Office, professions and trades for LANGTON in Bulmer's Directory of 1892.
- Postal address, Langton, Malton.
Mails arrive at 7-30 am., and are despatched at 4-30 p.m. Nearest Money Order and Telegraph Office, Malton.
Miscellany of trades
- Blenkin William, vict., Albion Inn
- Hibbit Rev. Arthur, B.A., The Rectory
- Hoggard Henry, joiner
- Norcliffe Rev. Chas. Best, M.A., Langton hall
- Peacock Francis, wool buyer
- Ruston Mrs. Elizabeth, dressmaker
- Thompson Peter, blacksmith
- Beal Robert, Town farm
- Boyes John (and grocer)
- Coulson Tranmer, East farm
- Houlden John, The Middle farm
- Wilson Henry, Green Lane farm
- Boyes John (conveyance), to Malton, on Sat.
- Loft David, to Malton, on Wednesday and Saturday
- Postal address, Kennythorpe, Malton.
Nearest Money Order Office, Leavening, and Telegraph Office, Malton.
- Hall Samuel, High farm
- Milner James
- Milner Richd. (& cake merchant), College farm
Scan, OCR and html by Colin Hinson. Checking and correction by Peter Nelson.