Langton parish registers: Dates and current locations etc.
A parish town, in the wapentake of Buckrose; 3½ miles from Malton, 9 from Sledmere, 14½ from Pocklington, 18 from York. Population 280. The Church is a rectory, dedicated to St. Andrew, in the deanery of Buckrose.
Deposited Registers (Borthwick Institute of Historical Research)
- Baptisms: 1653-1981
- Marriages: 1655-1723, 1725-1754, 1756-1976
- Burials: 1654-1980
- 1600, 1601, 1626, 1628, 1629, 1631, 1633, 1634, 1636-1638, 1661-1664, 1667-1669, 1671-1673, 1675, 1678-1683, 1685, 1687-1689, 1691-1698, 1701-1703, 1705-1845, 1869-1871
- C 1653-1735, 1735-1887;
- M 1653-1735, 1735-1833
Transcripts and Indexes:
- CMB 1653-1724; Printed transcript with index; Printed in the parish magazine; Borthwick Institute of Historical Research
- M 1756-1812; Typed transcript, no index; Margaret E. Smith; Borthwick Institute of Historical Research
- M 1830-1837; Index only; East Yorkshire Marriage Index
Please note: For an explanation of the abbreviations and the meaning of those dates which are in italics, please see the Yorkshire Parish Registers main page.
The above register information was correct when the book was published (1998). However registers may be moved from one Register Office to another. If you know that any of the above data is incorrect, please drop me a line via the link at the bottom of this page.
Yorkshire Parish Registers
and was presented to Genuki by the author:
Colin Blanshard Withers.