The Ancient Parish of LECONFIELD
[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]"LECONFIELD, (also spelt Leckonfield) a parish in the wapentake of Harthill; 3 miles NNW. of Beverley. The Church is a vicarage, dedicated to St. Catharine (see Churches for photograph), in the deanry of Harthill, of which the Earl of Egremont is the lay patron, and the Rev. Robert Rigby, of Beverley, incumbent. Pop. 302." (There is further information for Leconfield).
"ARRAM, a hamlet in the parish of Leconfield, wapentake and liberty of Holderness; 1¾ miles E. of Leconfield, 4 miles N. of Beverley. Population included with Leconfield."
[Description(s) edited mainly from various 19th century sources by Colin Hinson. ©2010]
- Photographs of over 350 gravestones in Leconfield Churchyard with a surname index.
- Transcript of the entry for Leconfield in the "Collections relative to Churches and Chapels".
- Transcript of the entry of "professions and trades" in the Baines's Directory of 1823, of the East Riding.
- Transcript of the entry of "professions and trades" in the The Post Office Directory of the, East and North Ridings, 1857
- Transcript of the entry of "professions and trades" in the Bulmers Directory of 1892. of the East Riding.
- There is further information about this parish from the National Gazetteer 1868, Yorkshire extracts.
- There is further information about this parish from the Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835, Yorkshire extracts.
- There is further information about this parish from the Stephen Whatley's Gazetteer 1750, Yorkshire extracts.
- There is further information about this parish from the Bulmer's 1892 History and Directory of the East Riding.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Leconfield to another place.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TA013437 (Lat/Lon: 53.879614, -0.460521), Leconfield which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- The World War I Memorial Plaque on Leconfield Church
- The following places are within the boundaries of this (ancient) parish, but I have no further information on them other than the Ordnance Survey Landranger Grid reference shown:
- (TA034447) New Arram
- This parish is covered by the following Society:
- The 1834 Electoral Roll for this parish