LECONFIELD: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.
"LECONFIELD, a parish in the Hunsley-Beacon division of the wapentake of HARTHILL, East riding of the county of YORK, 3 miles N.N.W. from Beverley, containing 302 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry of the East riding, and diocese of York, rated in the king's books at £8, endowed with £200 private benefaction, and £600 royal bounty, and in the patronage of the Earl of Egremont. Here was anciently a castle belonging to the Earls of Northumberland."
[Transcribed by Mel Lockie © from
Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835]