LOCKINGTON: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.
"LOCKINGTON, a parish in the Bainton-Beacon division of the wapentake of HARTHILL, East riding of the county of YORK, containing 426 inhabitants, 65 miles N.N.W. from Beverley: it comprises part of the township of Aike, and part of that of Lockington, the remaining part being in the parish of Kilnwick. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry and diocese of York, rated in the king's books at £20. The Rev. Francis Lundy was patron in 1817 The church is dedicated to St. Mary. There is a place of worship for Wesleyan Methodists."
"AIKE, a township in the parishes of BEVERLEY SAINT JOHN, and LOCKINGTON, Bainton-Beacon division of the wapentake of HARTHILL, East riding of the county of YORK, 7 miles N.E. from Beverley, containing 98 inhabitants."
[Transcribed by Mel Lockie © from
Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835]