Transcript of the entry for the Post Office, professions and trades for LONDESBOROUGH in Bulmer's Directory of 1892.
- Post and Telegraph Office at John Simpson's. Nearest Money Order Office, Market Weighton (2½ miles). Letters via Market Weighton arrive at 8-0 a.m., and are despatched at 4-50 p.m. No collection or delivery on Sunday.
Miscellany of trades
- Gurney George, foreman, The Gardens
- Hagyard James, bricklayer
- Hobbs Henry, schoolmaster & asst. overseer
- Hudson George, joiner
- Hyde Frank, blacksmith
- Hyde William Henry, carrier to Griffin Inn, Market Weighton, Wednesday
- Illingworth John, bricklayer
- Londesborough Right Hon. the Earl of, The Lodge, and 29 Grosvenor square, W., and Brook's club, London, SW.
- Simpson John, shoemaker and postmaster
- Sowerby Mrs. Sarah
- Wilton Rev. Richard, M.A., The Rectory
- Wreghitt John, master of the horse, Stud farm
- Young Colonel Thomas, resident land agent and brewer, Young & Co., Pocklington
- Young David, head gamekeeper
- Brough Nathaniel Shaw, Londesborough wold
- Cobb George
- Harrison William, Warrendale
- Knapton William, Easthorpe
- Mc.Pherson John Charles, bailiff and head gardener, Park farm
- Usher Mrs. Elizabeth, Middlethorpe
- Wreghitt, John, Londesborough moor
Scan, OCR and html by Colin Hinson. Checking and correction by Peter Nelson.