LONG RISTON: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.
"LONG RISTON, a parish in the northern division of the wapentake of HOLDERNESS, East riding of the county of YORK, 6 miles E.N.E. from Beverley, containing, with part of the township of Arnold, 361 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, united to the vicarage pf Hornsea, in the archdeaconry of the East riding, and diocese of York. The church is dedicated to St. Margaret. There is a place of worship for Independents."
[Transcribed by Mel Lockie © from
Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835]