[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]
"MARFLEET, a parish in the wapentake and liberty of Holderness; 3¼ miles E. of Hull, a small village situated near the Northern bank of the Humber. The church is a small brick building, erected on the site of the old one in the year 1708, and the incumbent is the Rev. Thos. Watson, curate of Bilton, Population, 127."