The Ancient Parish of MUSTON
[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]"MUSTON, a parish in the wapentake of Dickering; 2 miles N. of Hunmanby. The church is dedicated to All-Saints (see Churches for photograph), and the living is a discharged vicarage, in the patronage of H. Osbaldeston, Esq., of which the Rev. Francis Wrangham, M.A. F.R.S. archdeacon of Cleveland is vicar. There is also a Calvinist chapel, built by Mrs. Hannah Tate. Population, 350."
[Description(s) edited mainly from various 19th century sources by Colin Hinson. ©2010]
- Photographs of over 250 gravestones in Muston Churchyard with linked surname index.
- The whereabouts and dates of the Registers etc. for the Parish of Muston.
- Transcript of the entry of "professions and trades" in the Baines's Directory of 1823, of the East Riding.
- Transcript of the entry of "professions and trades" in the Bulmers Directory of 1892. of the East Riding.
- Transcript of the entry of "professions and trades" in the The Scarborough Gazette of 1905,
- There is further information about this parish from the National Gazetteer 1868, Yorkshire extracts.
- There is further information about this parish from the Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835, Yorkshire extracts.
- There is further information about this parish from the Bulmer's 1892 History and Directory of the East Riding.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Muston to another place.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TA098798 (Lat/Lon: 54.2022, -0.318236), Muston which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- The 1914-1919 and 1939 to 1945 War Memorial in the churchyard at Muston.
- The following places are within the boundaries of this (ancient) parish, but I have no further information on them other than the Ordnance Survey Landranger Grid reference shown:
- (TA094807) Carr House
- (TA112797) Muston Grange
- This parish is covered by the following Society:
- The 1834 Electoral Roll for this parish