NAFFERTON: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1829.
"NAFFERTON, is a village, in the parish of its name, in the wapentake of Dickering, in the east riding, two miles from Great Driffield, on the road to Bridlington. The parish church is dedicated to All Saints; the living is a vicarage, in the patronage of the Archbishop of York, and incumbency of the. Rev. George Allen. Here are also two Methodists chapels, and an endowed school. The whole parish contained, by the census of 1821, 1,261 inhabitants, and the township 917 of that number."
Note: The directory entry for Nafferton in Pigot's 1829 Directory is included with GreatDriffield.
[Transcribed from Pigot's National Commericial Directory for 1828-29 ]
by Colin Hinson ©2007