NORTH CAVE: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1829.
"NORTH CAVE, a village in the parish of its name, in the Hunsley Beacon division of Harthill wapentake, is about 186 miles from London, and nine from Howden. Here is a church, dedicated to All Saints, a chapel each for the primitive and Wesleyan Methodists, and a friends' meeting house. The whole parish contained, in 1821, 1,091 inhabitants, and the township 783 of that number."
[Transcribed from Pigot's National Commericial Directory for 1828-29 ]
by Colin Hinson ©2007