NORTH CAVE: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1834.
"NORTH CAVE, is a village and township, in the parish of its name, in the Hunsley-Beacon division of Harthill wapentake, East Riding, 186 miles from London, 12 s.e. from Beverley, 10 e.by n. from Howden, and about 7 s. from Market Weighton. It is a place destitute of manufactures, or interest to the man of business; but its vicinage is the residence of many families of opulence and respectability. The places of worship in the parish are the church, and chapels for primitive and Wesleyan methodists, and the society of friends. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the patronage of Henry Peters Burton, Esq. MP. The parish contained, by the returns for 1831, 1,000 inhabitants, and the township 747 of that number.
Please see South Cave Parish for the 1834 trades directory for this parish."
[Transcribed by Steve Garton ©2000 from
Pigot's directory (Yorkshire section) 1834]