Hide

NORTH CAVE: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1868.

hide
Hide
Hide

"NORTH CAVE, a parish, and township in the wapentake of Harthill, in the East Riding of the county of York, 2 miles N.W. of South Cave, and 23 S.E. of York. The living is a vicarage, in the diocese of York, value £247, in the patronage of the Burton. The church is dedicated to All Saints."


"DREWTON WITH EVERTHORPE, a township in the parish of North Cave, Hunsley Beacon division of the wapentake of Harthill, in the East Riding of the county of York, 1 mile N.W. of South Cave, and 6 miles N. of Brough station."


"EVERTHORPE, a hamlet and township in the parish of North Cave, in the wapentake of Harthill, East Riding county York, 1 mile N.W. of South Cave."


"SOUTH CLIFFE, a township in the parish of North Cave, in the East Riding of the county of York, 2 miles from the village of North Cave, and about 3½ miles from Market Weighton."

[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2013