Area, 4,850 acres. Harthill wapentake, Bainton Beacon. -Population, 525 *1; Church-room, 200; Net value, £75.
The Church was appropriated to the Priory of Watton.
In Archbishop Sharp's time, the Curacy was only worth £9 per annum. In 1765 Robert Wharram, Gent., presented, and in 1798 John Micklethwaite, Esq.
Present patron and impropriator, James Walker, Esq.
The Church is valued in Pope Nicholas's taxation at £16. In .1707 the Curacy was valued at £9. 6s. 8d. In the Parliamentary Survey, vol. xvii. page 336, it is stated : " Curacy at £20, and Impropriation at £130;" -and in 1818, at £30 per annum.
Augmented in 1715, with £200; in 1760, with £200; in 1807, with £200; and in 1817, with £200 from the Parliamentary grant, -all by lot; and in 1819, with £300, and £300 from the same grant, to meet benefactions of £200, a subscription, £100 from the Duke of Devonshire, and £100 from Mrs. Pyncombe's trustees.
An Inclosure Act was passed 18th Geo. III.
No glebe house.
The Register Books commence in 1653. No entries for burials in 1695 and 1696.
Parochial Charities. -No return.
Post town: Pocklington.
Torre's MS: page 1237. Abp. Sharp's MS., vol. ii. page 70. Bawdwen's Domesday Book (Daltune), page 81 ; (Nessuic), 81.
*1 Viz. North Dalton, 468; and Neswick, 57.