NORTH DALTON: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.
"NORTH DALTON, a parish in the Bainton-Beacon division of the wapentake of HARTHILL, East riding of the county of YORK, comprising the townships of North Dalton and Neswick, and containing 453 inhabitants, of which number, 398 are in the township of North Dalton, 7 miles W.S.W. from Great Driffield. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry of the East riding, and diocese of York, endowed with £400 private benefaction, £600 royal bounty, and £800 parliamentary grant. James Walker, Esq. was patron in 1827. The church is dedicated to All Saints."
"NESWICK, a township in the parish of NORTH-DALTON, Bainton-Beacon division of the wapentake of HARTHILL, East riding of the county of YORK, 65%. miles S.W. from Great Driffield, containing 55 inhabitants."
[Transcribed by Mel Lockie © from
Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835]