NORTH DALTON: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1868.
"NORTH DALTON, a parish, and township in the wapentake of Harthill, in the East Riding of the county of York, 6 miles S.W. of Great Driffield. The land is chiefly arable. The living is a perpetual curacy* in the diocese of York, value £75, in the patronage of James Walker, Esq. The church is dedicated to All Saints."
"NESWICK, a township in the parish of North Dalton, Bainton Beacon division of Harthill wapentake, East Riding county York, 4½ miles S.W. of Great Driffield. The tithes were commuted for land under an Enclosure Act in 1774. Neswick Hall is the principal residence."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2013