The Ancient Parish of NORTH GRIMSTON
[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]"NORTH GRIMSTON, (sometimes North Grimstone) a parish in the wapentake of Buckrose, and liberty of St. Peter's; 4 miles SE. of Malton. The church (see Churches for photograph) is a discharged vicarage, dedicated to St. Nicholas, of which the prebendary of Langtoft is the patron, and the Rev. John Buchanan the vicar. Population, 139."
[Description(s) edited mainly from various 19th century sources by Colin Hinson. ©2010]
- Photographs of the over 110 gravestones and plaques at North Grimston with linked surname index.
- Transcript of the entry for North Grimston in the "Collections relative to Churches and Chapels".
- The whereabouts and dates of the Registers etc. for the Parish of North Grimston.
- There is further information about this parish from the National Gazetteer 1868, Yorkshire extracts.
- There is further information about this parish from the Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835, Yorkshire extracts.
- There is further information about this parish from the Bulmer's 1892 History and Directory of the East Riding.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from North Grimston to another place.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SE842678 (Lat/Lon: 54.099215, -0.71391), North Grimston which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- The War Memorial in North Grimston Churchyard.