[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]
"OTTRINGHAM, a parish in the wapentake and liberty of Holderness, 6 miles SE. of Hedon. The church is an ancient structure (see Churches
for photograph), dedicated to St. Wilfrid, in the gift of the Chancellor of the college of Oxford, and the Rev. John Mackereth is the perpetual curate. There is also a neat Methodist chapel built in 1815, and a small free school for 20 children. Population, 637."
"OTTRINGHAM MARSH, a single house in the township and parish of Ottringham; 1½ miles SW. of Ottringham, 4 miles from Patrington."
"SALTAGH GRANGE, a farm house in the parish of Ottringham, wapentake and liberty of Holderness; 2½ miles SW. of Ottringham, 5 miles W. of Patrington."
[Description(s) edited mainly from various 19th century sources by Colin Hinson. ©2010]