Hide

PAULL: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1829.

hide
Hide
Hide

"PAULL, a village and township in the parish of its name, in the south division of Holderness wapentake, three miles S.S.W. from Hedon. This place has decreased in its population since the discontinuance of ship building here. The number of inhabitants, by the last returns, in the parish, amounted to 745, of which num. her 486 were of the township."
Note: The directory entry for Paull in Pigot's 1829 Directory is included with Hedon.

[Transcribed from Pigot's National Commericial Directory for 1828-29 ]
by Colin Hinson ©2007