[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]
"PRESTON, a parish in the wapentake of Holderness, and liberties of St. Peter and Holderness; 1 mile N. of Hedon. The church, of which the Rev. John Dixon is vicar, and the Sub-dean of York patron, is dedicated to All Saints (see Churches
for photograph). Here is a public school, erected in October 1718, and endowed with the moiety of the rent of 20 acres of land, which is annually let to the best bidder, in pursuance of the will of Thomas Holme, the other moiety is given for the benefit of the poor of the township, at the discretion of the minister and church wardens. Here are chapels for the Methodists and Primitive Methodists. Pop. 828."
"LELLEY, in the parish of Preston, wapentake and liberty of Holderness; 1¾ miles NE. of Preston, 4 miles NE. of Hedon. Pop. 119."
[Description(s) edited mainly from various 19th century sources by Colin Hinson. ©2010]