ROOS: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.
"ROOS, a parish in the middle division of the wapentake of HOLDERNESS, East riding of the county of YORK, 14 miles E. from Kingston upon Hull, containing 442 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of the East riding, and diocese of York, rated in the king's books at £19, and in the patronage of the Rev. C. Sykes. The church, dedicated to All Saints, is partly in the decorated and partly in the later style of English architecture. There is a place of worship for Wesleyan Methodists. Jane Hogg, in 1754, bequeathed a rent-charge of £6 for teaching poor children."
[Transcribed by Mel Lockie © from
Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835]