ROUTH: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.
"ROUTH, a parish in the northern division of the wapentake of HOLDERNESS, East riding of the county of YORK, 4 miles E.N.E. from Beverley, containing 124 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of the East riding, and diocese of York, rated in the king's books at £8. 1.7. 1., and in the patronage of the Misses Ellerkers. The church, dedicated to All Saints, has a Norman door and three stone stalls."
[Transcribed by Mel Lockie © from
Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835]