Hide

In 1822, the following places were in the Parish of Rowley:

hide
Hide
Hide


"BENTLEY, in the parish of Rowley, and wapentake of Harthill; 3½ miles NE. of Rowley, 3 miles SSW. of Beverley."


"HIGH HUNSLEY, a farm house (which gives name to the division) in the parish of Rowley, & wapentake of Harthill; 2 miles NW. of Rowley, 4 miles NE. of South Cave. Formerly this was a place of some consequence, and the foundations of ancient buildings are sometimes dug up here. See also Low Hunsley (below)."


"LITTLE WEIGHTON, in the parish of Rowley, and wapentake of Harthill; ¾ mile NE. of Rowley, 5 miles SSW. of Beverley"


"LOW HUNSLEY, a farm house, in the parish of Rowley, & wapentake of Harthill; 1½ miles WNW. of Rowley, 4 miles NE. of South Cave. See also High Hunsley (above)."


"RIPLINGHAM, in the parish of Rowley, and wapentake of Harthill; 1 mile SW. of Rowley, 2½ miles E. of South Cave."


"RISBY, 2 farm houses in the parish of Rowley, and wapentake of Harthill; 2½ miles ENE. of Rowley, 4 miles SSW. of Beverley.

About 60 years ago, the mansion of the Ellerkers, here, was accidentally destroyed by fire. The Park at Risby, one of the most beautiful, in the Riding, is now occupied by a farmer."

[Description(s) edited mainly from various 19th century sources by Colin Hinson. ©2010]