RUDSTON: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.
"RUDSTON, a parish in the wapentake of DICKERING, East riding of the county of YORK, 5 miles W. from Bridlington, containing 417 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry of the East riding, and diocese of York, rated in the king's books at £9. 13. 6., and in the patronage of the Archbishop of York. The church is dedicated to All Saints. In the churchyard is a lofty pyramidal stone, which probably gave name to the place, Rod, in Saxon, signifying a cross."
[Transcribed by Mel Lockie © from
Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835]