The Ancient Parish of RUSTON PARVA
[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]"RUSTON PARVA, a parish in the wapentake of Dickering; 4 miles NE. of Driffield. Pop. 140. The Church is a curacy, in the deanry of Dickering, Patron, William Thomas St. Quintin, Esq."
[Description(s) edited mainly from various 19th century sources by Colin Hinson. ©2010]
- Photographs of the Churchyard and the gravestones at Ruston Parva with linked surname index.
- Transcript of the entry for Ruston Parva in the "Collections relative to Churches and Chapels".
- The whereabouts and dates of the Registers etc. for the Parish of Ruston Parva.
- There is further information about this parish from the National Gazetteer 1868, Yorkshire extracts.
- There is further information about this parish from the Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835, Yorkshire extracts.
- There is further information about this parish from the Bulmer's 1892 History and Directory of the East Riding.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Ruston Parva to another place.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TA063618 (Lat/Lon: 54.041227, -0.378194), Ruston Parva which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- See Doreen Laycock and Lisa Blosfelds's pictures of the Church and Churchyard
- This parish is covered by the following Society:
- The 1834 Electoral Roll for this parish