Hide

SEATON ROSS: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.

hide
Hide
Hide

"SEATON ROSS, a parish in the Holme-Beacon division of the wapentake of HARTHILL, East riding of the county of YORK, 7i miles S.W. from Market- Weighton, containing 477 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry of the East riding, and diocese of York, endowed with £1200 parliamentary grant, and in the patronage of W. C. Maxwell, Esq. The church is dedicated to St. Edmund. There is a place of worship for Wesleyan Methodists."

[Transcribed by Mel Lockie © from
Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835]