[Transcribed information mainly from the early 1820s]"SKIDBY, a parish in the wapentake of Harthill; 4 miles SW. of Beverley. The chapel, dedicated to St. Michael (see Churches for photograph), is subject to the vicar of Cottingham, Patron, the Bishop of Chester, or his lessee, Mr. Peploe. Population, 313."
"EPPLEWORTH, in the parish of Skidby, and wapentake of Harthill; 1 mile S. of Skidby, 4½ miles S. of Beverley."
[Description(s) edited mainly from various 19th century sources by Colin Hinson. ©2010]
- Transcript of the entry for Skidby in the "Collections relative to Churches and Chapels".
- The whereabouts and dates of the Registers etc. for the Parish of Skidby.
- Transcript of the entry of "professions and trades" in the Baines's Directory of 1823, of the East Riding.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Skidby to another place.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TA012336 (Lat/Lon: 53.788888, -0.465362), Skidby which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- This parish is covered by the following Society:
- The 1834 Electoral Roll for this parish