Transcript of the entry of 'professions and trades' for SLEDMERE in Baines's Directory of 1823.
- Post Master: Robert King.
- A Horse post arrives from Malton ¼ past 5 every morning, going to Bridlington, &c. and returns at 40 minutes past 2 o'clock in the afternoon.
- Evans John, Esq. Sledmere Castle
- Sykes Sir M. M. Bart. (Hall)
- Torre Rev. Henry, B. A. perp. curate
- Bainton Thos.
- Bradley James
- Clark Richard
- Hicks Jonathan
- Horsley Widow
- Huggin John
- Leak John
- Pickering Wm.
- Severs John
- Bogg David
- Hesp John
Miscellany of trades
- Coates John, shoemaker
- Pickering Wm. vict. Triton Inn
- Pickering Abraham, bricklayer
- Row John, baker
- Truelove John, carpenter & shopkpr.
- Blenkin and Ashton, from Hull to Malton, Tu. and Fri.
Transcript of the entry of 'professions and trades'
for CROOM in Baines's Directory of 1823.
- Croxton Rev. Rowland, A. M. vicar, Croam Hall
- Swales John, farmer