SLEDMERE: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.
"SLEDMERE, a parish in the wapentake of BUCKROSE, East riding of the county of YORK, 7 miles W.N.W. from Great Driffield, containing, with the hamlet of Groom, 425 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry of the East riding, and diocese of York, endowed with £400 royal bounty, and £200 parliamentary grant, and in the patronage of Sir Tatton Sykes, Bart. The church is dedicated to St. Mary."
[Transcribed by Mel Lockie © from
Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of England 1835]