Transcript of the entry for the Post Office, professions and trades for SLEDMERE in Bulmer's Directory of 1892.
- Post Office, Money Order, Savings Bank, Insurance and Annuity Office, Sledmere, York. Mails arrive at 9-25 a.m., and are despatched at 5-40 p.m. Nearest Telegraph Office, Fimber Station. Henry Horner, sub-postmaster.
Miscellany of trades
- Alden Charles, police constable
- Buckham Rev. Fk. Holmes, A.K.C.L, incumb.
- Dowson William, vict., Triton Inn
- Gill William, farm bailiff
- Haylett Mrs. Hannah, lodgings
- Hesp Charles, tailor, Mill cottage
- Hodgson Martin, bricklayer
- Hotham William, foreman
- Huggins John, woodman
- Monkman William, tailor
- Paterman Mrs. Annie, dressmaker
- Roberts Robert, gardener
- Scott Joseph, blacksmith
- Southall William, land agent, Sledmere castle
- Sykes Sir Tatton, Bart., Sledmere house
- Thelwell - , schoolmaster
- Beal John, Groom farm
- Beal Mark, Groom house
- Beal Moses, Marmatt farm
- Clark J., Kirby
- Cook F., Nat farm
- Etty Coulson, Field house
- Ewbank Edward, Avenue farm
- Hopkinson J., Mill farm
- Horner John (and grocer), Collywoods farm
- Leonard Thomas, Life hill
- Major John, Grange farm
- Robinson John Dale, Warren farm
- Wildon James, Wood hill
Scan, OCR and html by Colin Hinson. Checking and correction by Peter Nelson.